CA Healthy Kids Survey
The California School Climate, Health, and Learning Survey (CalSCHLS) is composed of three interrelated surveys developed for, and supported by, the California Department of Education. The California Healthy Kids Survey is a modular, anonymous assessment focused on the five most important areas for guiding school and student improvement:
- Student connectedness, learning engagement/motivation, and attendance;
- School climate, culture, and conditions;
- School safety, including violence perpetration and victimization/bullying;
- Physical and mental well-being and social-emotional learning; and
- Student supports, including resilience-promoting developmental factors (caring relationships, high expectations, and meaningful participation).