- Students reach their potential when they are engaged, encouraged, challenged and supported in the pursuit of their interests, passions and talents.
- All students are creative, unique and can learn.
- Education is a collaborative effort among students, staff, parents, guardians and the community.
- In valuing the diversity of students, staff and the community.
- Every student has a voice that deserves to be heard.
- Safe and welcoming schools help students and staff reach their potential.
- Educational experiences for students and staff are continually improved through systems of accountability.
- Education must be purposeful, challenging and innovative.
Characteristics of a BUSD Graduate
- Inquisitive with a desire to be lifelong learners.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and socially responsible individuals.
- Fully prepared and equipped for college or career in the 21st Century.
- Collaborative, creative, critical thinkers with strong communication skills.
- Compassionate, respectful and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Resilient with the willingness to persevere.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial and adaptable.
- Globally aware and environmentally responsible citizens.
- Capable of recognizing the talents in themselves so they can be fulfilled, compassionate and engaged individuals.