Flyer Distribution Criteria
- Due to the number of request to distribute flyers, please allow 5 business days for review of your flyer
- Informational literature/flyers from non-profit organizations, government entities, community clubs, and organizations/individuals informing students/parents of cultural, educational, or recreational activities sponsored by the organization/individual may be submitted for review and approval by the Superintendent’s Office. The flyer must be accompanied by a Flyer Distribution Application.
- Information/flyers must be educational in nature, supporting the Governing Board Goals of BUSD and/or benefiting the population of BUSD in a positive manner. Materials for distribution must not promote any political interest/organization.
- All flyers for distribution shall contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Once the literature/flyer has been approved by the Superintendent’s Office it will be stamped with the approval stamp. Schools will not accept literature/flyers without the approval stamp. No changes or corrections may be made to the approved literature/flyer.
- Printing or copying of the literature/flyer is the responsibility of the requesting organization/individual.
- Copies will not be distributed directly to students but will be placed in the front office of the requested school sites. Copies will be distributed to the school sites by the Superintendent’s Office.
- All flyers must include the disclaimer that states: “This is not a program of the Benicia Unified School District (BUSD) and BUSD accepts no liability or responsibility for this program.”
- Flyers will not be approved unless they meet the above mentioned criteria.