The Benicia Unified School District partners with Solano Adult Education to give adults (18 and older) in the region the help they need and prepare them for careers and academic advancement. Classes offered at Benicia sites are listed on this page.
Some classes are subject to change and the current dates and offerings can be found here. Check out our new Doula Certification Course and Back to Basic Course coming January 2024! If you are unable to find the class you need, click here to see other offerings from Solano Adult Education.
Steps to get started:
- Browse all our available classes.
- Fill out the registration form online.
- Schedule an orientation and CASAS test with our office at:
- Phone: (707)751-2337.
- Email: email@example.com
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL classes are free and designed to help students improve their language, reading, and writing skills in English. These skills will help students in everyday living, in their career, and in school.
- ESL with Benicia Library: BUSD has partnered with the library to offer multi-level ESL classes. For more information click here.
- ESL Class: Using the Burlington English software, students will improve their English skills at their own pace, in their own home, and meet with an instructor either in person and/or virtually on a weekly basis. (form found below)
Adult Basic Education (GED)
GED classes teach students the basic skills necessary in math and reading to pass the GED exam. Passage of the GED exam will lead students to more career opportunities.
- GED with Benicia Library: BUSD has partnered with the library to offer GED classes. For more information click here.
- GED Class: Using Aztec software, students will be able to improve basic skills needed to pass the GED exam at their own pace, in their own home, and meet with an instructor either in person and/or virtually on a weekly basis.
High School Diploma
This program helps students complete the classes needed to earn a high school diploma. A diploma helps students with better career opportunities and a pathway to college.
- High School Diploma Class: Using the Edgenuity software, students will be able to finish the units they need to earn their high school diploma in their own home. Students will also meet with an instructor either in person and/or virtually on a weekly basis.
Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Permaculture Design Certificate Course: BUSD has partnered with Sustainable Solano to offer a PINA-recognized Permaculture Design Certificate course. Participants learn a standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum, gain hands-on experience in designing, and transforming a local landscape using design principles and incorporating the use of captured rainwater and greywater systems. Click here to learn more (form found below)
- Land & Caretakers Program: Understand sustainability, how natural systems work, how to capture rainwater and household water and how to replace a lawn with an edible permaculture food forest. Learn about permaculture landscaping and maintenance. Gain business and life skills for green industries.
- Apprenticeship Math Test Preparation: This class will teach students the math skills necessary to pass the apprenticeship test for union jobs. (form found below)
- Resume and Career Counseling Class: BUSD has partnered with the Benicia Library to offer students a class that will improve their interviewing skills and their resume writing skills. For more information click here.
- Paraeducator/Instructional Assistant Class: This class prepares students to meet the mandates of the No Child Left Behind Act which is now required to become a Paraeducator or Instructional Assistant in California. Students will receive online instruction and test in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Employability Skills and Ability to Assist. See the Forms section below for more information.
- Introduction to Computers: This class is for beginning computer users to learn the basics of computer use, internet and social media, email, as well as, creating, saving, and finding documents. The fee for the class is $25 paid through the Curacubby link below. See the Forms section below for more information.
This registration form linked below is required for all students. You will be contacted by our Adult Education Office to confirm your registration and set up a date for orientation and CASAS* testing. If you would like this form in a different format please contact us by calling (707) 751-2337.
*As a Title II Funded Agency, all Benicia Adult school ESL, GED, HSD, and Math students are required to participate in CASAS testing throughout the year.
Dr. June Regis
Director of Adult Education
Coordinator of Adult Education