Parent Speaker Series
Dear BUSD Families and Staff,
We are excited to share our 2023-24 Parent Speaker Series with you. Please see the linked flyer for all the dates, times, and locations of the range of offerings this year.
We do hope you will join us for these events. If you would like Spanish translation at any of the events, please email Leslie Beatson at email@example.com for arrangements.
Below you can find information on past sessions along with their recordings if available.
October 19: Suicide Awareness & Mental Health
This training aims to provide parents/caregivers with knowledge and resources to support their child or teen’s mental health. This training will also provide parents with practical information on suicide awareness and education. This workshop led by Solano County Office of Education staff. Audience: 6-12.
November 15: Vaping Awareness
On Wednesday, November 15, 2023, the District hosted a Vaping Awareness Town Hall meeting to educate our educational partners about the dangers of vaping on behalf of the District, I want to thank the following individuals:
- Michelle Han, Benicia High School Friday Night Live Co-President
- Kaleb Bautista, Benicia High School Friday Night Live Co-President
- Dr. Jon Ovick, Director of Student Services
- Ms. Brianna Klenischmidt, Principal of Benicia High School
- Mr. Mark Nelson, Principal of Benicia Middle School
- Tracy Nachand, Oral Health and Tobacco Prevention Project Director, Solano County Public Health
- Rebecca Floyd, SCOE TUPE Project Coordinator
- Joseph Haden, Co-Chair Tobacco Free Solano
If you could not attend or watch the event on Livestream, you can watch at your convenience below.
December 4: Kids/Teens & Their Screens
On Monday, December 4, 2023, BUSD hosted a parent workshop presented by Teen Esteem titled Kids/Teens and their Screens. The presentation was well received. Please take some time to view this important presentation and have conversations with your children about safe and appropriate screen use.