Dear Benicia Community,
I want to take this moment to wish all of you a restful and relaxing summer. I know this has been quite a year for everyone so any time we can dedicate to renewing ourselves will certainly pay dividends as we stretch out our hopes and dreams to life after the pandemic.
As I have stated previously, barring any turn in the wrong direction regarding the pandemic, we will be returning to full-time, in-person instruction in the fall. We are well-positioned and prepared for the fall, including a host of additional support systems to address any learning or social-emotional concerns that may have developed since last March when our world was turned upside down.
Like all public schools in California, we are fortunate to have received additional funding this past year to help strengthen our overall educational program to meet the needs of all students. Additionally, our focus on equity, opportunity and culturally responsive practices will continue to make BUSD a school district where all students feel seen, heard, and supported in achieving their potential.
The following link will take you to the Board-approved LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan), which also serves as our district strategic plan, should you like more detail regarding the support systems we are putting in place.
Measure S Bond Update: As we move into summer, I also want to take this moment to provide an update on the Measure S Bond projects to date, of which we are thrilled! Thank you Benicia community for supporting our schools!!
COMPLETED BOND PROJECTS TO DATE THRU 6/15/2021
- TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES: ALL SCHOOLS
- PHONE/PA SYSTEMS: ALL SCHOOLS
- PLAYGROUND UPGRADES: ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
- ROOFS: MFES & BMS
- SOFTBALL FIELD BLEACHERS: BHS
- EXTERIOR PAINTING: BHS
- SECURITY SURVEILLANCE: ALL SCHOOLS
- FIRE ALARMS: BMS, BHS, MFES, RSES, MTES, JHES, LHS, DO
- STADIUM, TRACK AND FIELD: BHS
- LOCKER ROOM HVAC UPGRADES: BHS (JOINTLY FUNDED PROP 39 AND MEASURE S)
- BHS PAB LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL UPGRADES
- BHS and BMS TENNIS COURT UPGRADES
- BMS MODERNIZATION PHASE 1
- LHS WINDOW REPLACEMENT
- BHS MARQUEE
APPROVED/FUNDED BOND PROJECTS IN PROGRESS
- MFES CAMPUS MODERNIZATION:
- BMS: MODERNIZATION PHASE 3, OF MULTIPLE PHASES
- INFRASTRUCTURE AND SAFETY UPGRADES: ALL SCHOOLS
- GYM FLOOR: BHS
- ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION IMPROVEMENTS
- BATHROOM REPLACEMENT: JHES
- DAYCARE MODULAR BUILDING: JHES
- PERFORMING ARTS BUILDING (PAB): sound system improvements
BOND PROJECTS CURRENTLY IN CONSTRUCTION
- BMS: SEISMIC UPGRADES + MODERNIZATION PHASE 2, OF MULTIPLE PHASES
- MFES HVAC and ADA UPGRADES
- BHS MARQUEE
Lastly, as a reminder our first day of school is Tuesday, August 17th and the new school start times are:
|TK-Kinder||Aug 17-Sept. 10||8:00-12:05||8:00-12:05|
|TK-Kinder||Sept 13-June 3||8:00-1:05||8:00-12:05|
|Grades 1-3||Aug 17-June 3||8:00-2:20||8:00-12:05|
|Grades 4-5||Aug 17-June 3||8:00-2:30||8:00-12:05|
|Grades 6-8||Aug 17-June 3||8:15-3:00||8:15-12:58|
|Monday, Tuesday & Friday||Wednesday & Thursday|
|*BHS||Traditional Days||Block Days|
|Grades 9-12||Aug 17-June 3||8:30-3:35||8:30-3:05|
|*BHS also has CPT, Rally & Finals Schedules. See school website for more information|
|Grades 10-12||Aug 17-June 3||8:30-1:15|
This information has also been added to the BUSD website School Calendar page.
Have a great summer everyone.
On we go!
Charles F. Young, Ed.D.