ONLINE REGISTRATION INFORMATION(Online registration for all continuing BUSD students is now OPEN)
Welcome to the online registration process for all Benicia Unified enrolled and returning students. New students to our schools must be enrolled in order to complete this process. Contact your school site before June 18th and after August 8th to make an appointment for enrollment if you are new to BUSD and have not yet enrolled. Click here for more information on enrollment.
You must complete all steps in order for your student to be registered for the 2019/20 school year and receive his/her schedule/class assignment:
1) The registration process is done completely online through the PowerSchool portal. Parents who have an account will use their information to log in to ps.beniciaunified.org to begin the process.
Click here and follow the steps below if you are setting up your account for the first time
A) If you are setting up an account for the first time, you will need your access ID and password which you should have received from your school office. Once you have this information paste ps.beniciaunified.org in the browser of a laptop or computer.
B) Click Create Account and fill out the top section with your own information, and choose a User Name and Password.
C) Fill out the bottom section with your student’s Name, the Access ID and Access Password, and your relationship to the student. The Access ID is case sensitive, so it must be entered in Upper Case. If you received information for more than one student, you can enter each of them in this section.
D) Click Enter. You will now be directed back to the login page, where you can enter the User Name and Password that you chose. Then hit, Sign In and you are ready to begin the registration process.
2) After logging into PowerSchool, click the box on the left labeled “Returning Student Registration”
3) Once the registration system opens click the check box under “New to PowerSchool Enrollment” then click begin forms.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen until you reach the completion page.
5) Complete steps 2 – 4 for each of your students.
6) After completing returning student registration of all students. Return to the main parent portal page and click the CareDox icon near the returning student registration icon. CareDox is a tool for parents to provide the school nurse with an accurate student health record. All information in CareDox is stored securely according to FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
7) Finally, visit your school site webpage for additional information. Also, visit the Benicia Ed Foundation page to donate to this important organization.
If you have changed your student’s home address you will need to provide proof of residency to the school office before the start of school. The residency verification document list can be found HERE on step two. Schedules / class assignments will be available in mid-August. You will be notified by email when they are available.
We appreciate each parent completing this process; we hope it is effortless and time-saving. Questions, please contact the district office, (707) 747-8300, during business hours Monday – Thursday. The offices are closed Fridays and July 4, 23-26.