Benicia Unified School District

Notification of Pass/No Pass

Category(s): Latest News

Posted On: July 30, 2021

Benicia High School Liberty High School Benicia Middle School Maty Farmar Elementary Joe Henderson Elementary Robert Semple Elementary Matthew Turner Elementary Benicia Unified School District


Dear Families,

A newly released State Assembly Bill 104 provides an option for eligible students to apply to change any course(s) grades to a Pass/No Pass mark on their transcript with no negative impact to their GPA. There is no limit to the number of courses taken during the 2020-2021 school year that students can apply to have changed to a Pass/No Pass mark.

Eligible students are those students who attended BHS or LHS during the 2020-2021 school year.  

If your child is interested in applying for a grade change to the Pass/No Pass marking, please complete the request by using the Grade Change Request Form and submit it to Jane Uggla (BHS Students) or Brenda Weiss (LHS Students.)  no later than August 15, 2021. No late applications will be accepted. 

Transcripts will be updated within 15 days from receipt of the application. You will be notified, via email, once the change has been made.

The California State Universities must accept the Pass/No Pass marks on transcripts without prejudice for any applicant enrolled in High School between 2020-21 and 2023-24.  Please find the complete list of post secondary institutions that have indicated to the California Department of Education that they will accept the Pass/No Pass marks linked here.  Please be aware; however, that some post secondary institutions, including those from other states, may not accept a Pass/No Pass mark. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jane Uggla or Brenda Weiss.

Leslie Beatson, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent, Education Services
Benicia Unified School District