Dear BUSD Families,
We hope you have had a wonderful winter break and are rested and ready to return to school. We are looking forward to Thursday, January 6, as our first day back together and are sending this reminder about what we need to do collectively to stay healthy and keep our schools open, particularly in light of the Omicron variant. We are following the protocols outlined by the California Department of Public Health. Thank you for taking the time to read the following and to continue partnering with us as we navigate the pandemic together as a community.
- Use the at home COVID-19 test that was sent home with your child before your child returns on Thursday, January 6, 2022. If your child had a positive test, call your child’s school or the BUSD Health Services Department for quarantine instructions and the return to school date.
- Wear masks that fit snugly over the mouth and nose as masks are required indoors at all times.
- Wearing masks outdoors is highly recommended during close contact play because of the new variant.
- Have your child dress warmly as we will be keeping doors and windows open in the classrooms and eating outside as much as possible.
- Consider getting the vaccine if your child is eligible.
- Keep your child home if COVID-19 symptoms are present and have a Covid-19 test administered. Your child can return to school with a doctor’s note if illness is not COVID-19 related or the COVID-19 test is negative.
- Sign up for our free testing clinic each Friday at the District Office (see Parent Square for sign-ups.)
- Reinforce hand washing throughout the day and avoid touching one’s face.
Any student who tests positive for COVID-19 must quarantine as instructed by the school or Health Services Department.
Thank you for your partnership and diligence in helping keep our schools open and our community safe. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!
Charles Young, Ed.D.